We are a pedagogical institution of a peculiar character. On the one hand, we fulfil a function of a library, on the other, we were entrusted with educational tasks. Our mission is to meet the library and information needs, especially those of teachers (still studying and further developing their skills) and students preparing to become teachers. It is our aim to help them in extensive development of their professional and personal skills by open access to traditional and electronic sources of knowledge and information, so that they are able to satisfy the educational needs of modern society. Nowadays, acquiring knowledge and skills is a life-long process, which is why we wish to support those who come to us in the difficult process of continuous learning.
The library conducts its mission through:
- flexible acquisition policy, quickly responding to needs of the users,
- understandable information system about the collection,
- electronic access to information about the collections of other libraries,
- services of pedagogical information experts,
- educational activities corresponding to the character of our institution,
- efficient and competent readers’ service,
- promotion and popularization of library activity.
We try to meet the requirements we are facing, which is why we constantly invest in our own development – we broaden our knowledge, gain new skills and apply new technologies. We let ourselves be guided by the principle: need – professional development – offer. We are trying to satisfy the needs arising from the necessity to change the qualifications, therefore, we are carefully modyfying our purchasing priorities to meet the demands of different environments. We cooperate with other libraries, especially those based in schools, as we try to provide them with content knowledge and practical training, especially in the field of information tools as well as readers’ and media education.